HR Business Partner
• This position is directly responsible for supervising, coaching and mentoring the performance of the team of HR generalists of the business unit.
• Conducts weekly meetings with respective business unit’s management and HR team.
• Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
• Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Identifies training needs for business unit and individual executive coaching needs.
• Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and employment laws.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.